Skip to content
Fundamentals: Esthetics – Pivot Point International
ESTHETICS EXPERTISE FOR ALL
Fundamentals: Esthetics simplifies skin analysis to adapt treatments for a diverse clientele.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR ESTHETICS CURRICULUM
Tailor a learning path or go with our Fundamentals: Esthetics flow. Modules plus LAB make it easy.
101E Life Skills
101E Life Skills features six lessons on the skills that will create a personal foundation for career success.
102E Science presents nine lessons focused on subjects related to the science of skin care.
103E Business offers essentials for goal setting, job searching, salon/spa ownership, retail and medical environments.
- Healthy Body and Mind
- Basic Communication
- Communicate With Confidence
- Human Relations and Resilience
- Transmission of Infection
- Infection Control
- First Aid
- Principles of Electricity
- Electricity in Esthetics
- Cosmetic Products
- Cosmetic Product Ingredients
- Goal Setting
- Job Search
- Professional Relationships
- The Salon/Spa Experience
- Salon/Spa Ownership
- Salon/Spa Operations
- Retail Sales and Products
- The Medical Environment
104E Client-Centered Experience
104E Client-Centered Experience consists of four lessons focused on the 4Cs that make an exceptional service experience.
105E Anatomy and Physiology
105E Anatomy and Physiology focuses on the building blocks of the human body and the systems of the body.
106E Skin consists of lessons on skin theory, health, analysis and wellness.
- Connect Service Essential
- Consult Service Essential
- Create Service Essential
- Complete Service Essential
- Building Blocks of the Human Body
- The Integumentary System
- Hair Theory
- The Muscular System
- The Skeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic System
- The Nervous System
- Skin Theory
- Skin Health
- Skin Diseases and Disorders
- Skin Analysis
- The Skin Assessment and Recommendation System
- Wellness Therapies
107E Facial Treatments
107E Facial Treatments presents 16 lessons related to facial treatments including 4 theory and 12 workshops.
108E Facial Treatment With Devices
108E Facial Treatment With Devices focuses on facial treatments that incorporate devices.
109E Hair Removal
109E Hair Removal features 17 lessons: 4 theory lessons and 13 skills and full-service workshops.
- Facial Treatment Theory
- Facial Treatment Products
- Supplies and Equipment
- Facial Treatment Skills
- Facial Treatment Guest Experience
- Towel and Table Preparation Skills Workshop
- Pre-Cleanse Skills Workshop
- Skin Analysis Workshop
- Cleanse and Tone Skills Workshop
- Mechanical Exfoliation and Extraction Skills Workshop
- Massage Skills Workshop
- Mask and Protect Skills Workshop
- Basic Facial Treatment Workshop
- Men’s Facial Treatment Workshop
- Acne Facial Treatment Workshop
- Chemical Exfoliation and Chemical Exfoliation Workshop
- Facial Treatment With Devices – Theory
- Facial Treatment With Devices – Products, Tools, Supplies and Equipment
- Facial Treatment With Devices – Skills
- Facial Treatment With Devices – Guest Experience
- Galvanic Current Device (Desincrustation) Skills Workshop
- Galvanic Current Device (Iontophoresis) Skills Workshop
- Direct High Frequency Skills Workshop
- Indirect High Frequency Skills Workshop
- Rotating Brush Skills Workshop
- Microcurrent Device Skills Workshop
- Vacuum Spray Skills Workshop
- LED Device Skills Workshop
- Corrective Spa Facial Treatment Workshop
- Microdermabrasion and Microdermabrasion Workshop
- Hair Removal Theory
- Temporary Hair Removal Products, Tools, Supplies and Equipment
- Temporary Hair Removal Skills
- Temporary Hair Removal Guest Experience
- Tweezer Holding and Hair Removal Skills Workshop
- Hair Removal Skin Preparation Skills Workshop
- Temperature Testing Skills Workshop
- Soft Wax Application and Removal Skills Workshop
- Hard Wax Application and Removal Skills Workshop
- Post-Wax and Cleaning Skills Workshop
- Eyebrow Tweezing Workshop
- Eyebrow Wax Workshop
- Face Wax Workshop
- Underarm Wax Workshop
- Bikini Wax Workshop
- Leg Wax Workshop
- Chest Wax Workshop
110E Body Treatments
110E Body Treatments offers 4 theoretical lessons that focus on body treatments and 4 workshops on body treatments.
111 Makeup offers 4 theory lessons and 11 workshops on makeup.
The Fundamentals: Esthetics Study Guide is a companion workbook designed to deepen students’ understanding.
- Body Treatment Theory
- Body Treatment Products, Tools, Supplies and Equipment
- Body Treatment Guest Experience
- Manual Body Scrub Skills Workshop
- Body-Wrapping Skills Workshop
- Product Application Skills Workshop
- Body Scrub and Wrap Treatment Workshop
- Makeup Design Theory
- Makeup Products, Tools, Supplies and Equipment
- Makeup Design Skills
- Makeup Design Guest Experience.
- Makeup Design Draping Skills Workshop
- Analyze and Prepare Skills Workshop
- Base Application Skills Workshop
- Eye Makeup Application Skills Workshop
- Cheek Makeup Application Skills Workshop
- Lip Makeup Application Skills Workshop
- Artificial Eyelash Application Skills Workshop
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Tint Application Skills Workshop
- Day Makeup Workshop
- Bridal Makeup Workshop
- Evening Makeup Workshop
The study guide encourages students to write or draw their thoughts and transform what they are learning into products and thoughts that make sense to them.
- A note-taking system called SmartNotes provides a method for students to manage, personalize and prioritize the information they are learning
- Lesson Challenges offer the opportunity to display knowledge and comprehension of the lesson just studied
Companions to the study guide include online interactive PDF of the SmartNotes and Learning Connections, which help make sense of the content, and Talking Point, Show You Know and Show You Can exercises that build meaning
In addition, the Check What You Know and Review on the slide presentation help reinforce what has been learned and also serve as companions to the study guide
The online learning environment allows students to access this valuable learning tool anytime, anywhere
The study guide aims to help students build a diverse set of learning tools by using seven Mindframes to present and practice the material. An Overview of the Mindframes is presented following the study guide Contents pages. The Mindframes bring a wholeness and balance to individual lessons as well as entire sections of the learning endeavor. Retention and transfer to the real world both increase as more of the mind is engaged.