PIVOT POINT HAIR MEDIA ONE-YEAR WARRANTY
The Pivot Point hair medium is warranted to the original purchaser for a period of one year from the original date of purchase, under normal use and service against defective material or workmanship. Under normal use, some hair loss is to be expected and would not be considered defective.
This warranty is void if the hair medium has been damaged by accident or improper care, neglect or other cause not arising out of defects in materials or workmanship.
During the one-year period, Pivot Point will replace the hair medium when returned with a copy of the original purchase receipt, a copy or original tag containing the lot number and a letter, describing the defect. Any mannequin returned without receipt of purchase will be replaced at the discretion of the company.
For all returns, please contact a Customer Experience representative, at 847-866-0500, to obtain a Return Authorization Number for your return. This number is to be included on the outer box before shipping your return to us.
For purchases in the U.S., please return to:
Pivot Point International, Inc.
525 Busse Road
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007
For purchase outside the U.S., please consult our website for your nearest international distributor.
PIVOT POINT HAIR MEDIA DISINFECTION CERTIFICATE
All Pivot Point hair products have been chemically bathed and disinfected by steaming to ensure optimum safeguards.
HUMAN HAIR DISINFECTION STEP-BY-STEP PROCEDURE
All hair is:
- Boiled in water for six (6) hours
- Washed in clear water
- Placed into an acid bath for 5-20 minutes
- Washed in sodium hydroxide (to neutralize acids)
- Rinsed in clear water
- Bathed in H2O2 (peroxide) with ammonia
- Washed in clear water
- Shampooed, conditioned and air-dried naturally
This process has been approved through the Department of Hygiene and Health Origin Authority in Asia.
Disinfectant Staining: After the disinfection process, a reddish-brown colored residue may drip from wet hair. This residue can stain; shampoo hair prior to use.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF YOUR HAIR MANNEQUIN
Pivot Point’s hair media is available in a variety of hair colors, texture patterns and length arrangements simulating a diverse client population. The same careful considerations you would give your client’s hair should be extended to these hair media. The following guidelines will maximize the life of your educational hair by Pivot Point.
- Thoroughly dry all components including the inside of the slip-on, hair and head form before storing to avoid unpleasant odors from mold or mildew.
- Avoid excessive temperatures, hot or cold. Do not leave components/caps or mannequins in any area where extreme temperatures occur for prolonged periods of time, such as cars or cabinet dryer.
- Comb hair prior to shampooing to ensure the hair is tangle-free.
- Shampoo using a non-alkaline shampoo and lukewarm water.
- Avoid tangling by running fingers through hair from scalp to ends.
- Avoid excessive scrubbing or agitating of the hair.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner or finishing rinse.
- A moisturizing conditioner may be required for the tightly curled hair.
- Detangle with a large-tooth comb; begin at the nape and comb the ends to scalp in a downward motion.
- Rinse again (optional).
TEMPERATURE & DRYING
- Cabinet dryers have temperatures that can range from 141°F to 145°F. If the head forms are exposed to high temperatures for extended periods of time, the heads can become deformed and in some cases melt. Monitor the drying time. Do not leave head forms in a cabinet dryer overnight.
- Treat your head form like it is a client. How long would you leave a client under the dryer? If an extended drying time is needed, remove the head form from the heat source, allow it to cool and then replace the head form back into the dryer.
- Tightly curled hair can be diffused or blown dry.
- To diffuse, use a low heat and blower setting.
- To blow dry, section the hair and use medium partings to ensure a smooth finish.
- Hot tool temperatures should NOT exceed 350 degrees Fahrenheit on human hair and natural hair mannequins.
- Stove pressing is not recommended.
Strand tests are recommended to preview results of all chemical treatments.
- Prevent color products from staining the PVC synthetic face mask by applying protective cream around the hairline and covering it with plastic wrap.
- Prevent oxidative color or lightener from touching the synthetic PVC scalp since the chemicals may seep below the PVC and deteriorate the hair implantations, which can cause hair loss.
- Avoid placing mannequin under a dryer with oxidative color or lightener.
- MILD Sodium Hydroxide or Thio relaxers may be used to reduce curl patterns. NEVER relax hair to 100%. An 80% reduction is recommended.
- DO NOT relax hair that has been processed with lightener.
- Use alkaline or acid perms on dark, non-lightened hair.
- Choose milder perms designed for color-treated hair on lighter hair colors.
- Perming extra-long hair is not recommended.
- Excessive backcombing of yak or goat hair is not recommended due to breakage.
- For ease of designing, you can soften goat hair texture by applying equal proportions of lightener and 20 vol developer for 10 minutes.
Heat and Chemicals for Bio-Hair
- The normal temperature range for shampooing, combing and/or thermal designing with blow dryers, curling irons, etc., is 130°C (266°F) – 170°C (338°F).
- Bio-hair may be colored only from light to dark. The color will coat or stain bio-hair.
- Bio-hair can be permed.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE OF YOUR SNAP CAP SYSTEM
The ABS head forms are very durable. With the following care instructions, this product should give you extended use.
- To ensure proper placement, the cap and head form need to be properly aligned.
- Move all hair away from the cap edge before securing the cap.
- Place cap onto head form.
- Tighten lock with fingers.
- Check cap edge to ensure cap is fully inserted.
- Press front of cap.
- Tighten lock with key.
When cap is applied:
- Use key to loosen lock
- Push up on locking post
- Release cap
- Remove cap
- When the ABS head form is submerged and held under water, the head form can collect water.
- If the ABS head form is dunked in a tub of water, but not held under water, the head form should not take on water.
- It is best to use a hose attachment, like a shampoo nozzle, as no water will accumulate in the head form.
- If water collects in the head form and does not drain itself from the bottom drain holes, remove the cap, hold the head form upside-down and drain the water through the channel at the front hairline.
TEMPERATURE & DRYING
- ABS can be used between -20°C (-4°F) and 80°C (176°F).
- Do not leave components/caps or mannequins in any area where extreme temperatures occur for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not force the ABS head form onto the tripod or mannequin holder as this might weaken the sides of the head holder.
PIVOT POINT PRODUCT REGISTRATION INFO
Pivot Point is committed to providing quality craftsmanship and outstanding customer service. A code and lot number are stamped on the outer card attached to your mannequin or other hair products. Please write it on the reverse side of that card and mail it to Pivot Point, or submit our online product registration form to register your mannequin. Upon registration, we will keep your information on file so you can receive future Pivot Point catalogs, new product information and warranty activation.
- Updates highlighting special product offers
- Pivot Point’s e-newsletter
- Activation of Limited One-Year Warranty
We respect your privacy. When you provide us with information, you can be assured that we will hold that information in strict confidence. We do not share any information, including email addresses, or the addresses of our customers and students, with outside companies. If you have any questions, please contact us by email, at [email protected], or call us at 847-866-0500.
PIVOT POINT MANNEQUIN HAIR MEASUREMENTS
Pivot Point measures mannequin hair using a 90° projection angle from the head. This gives you a better understanding of how long the hair is and how it will fall.
Other manufacturers may measure their mannequin directly on the head from front to back, indicating one length in total–not providing a true measurement of how long the hair actually is.